Friday, January 17, 2014

Nursery plans

Like any first time parents to be, V and I are in the nesting mode. Truthfully, we’ve been in it ever since we started updating our home but now that we have a little one on the way, our nesting instincts are skyrocketing (mine are keeping me up nights!).

There are lots of things to finish around here. Some are small, like hanging sewn curtains in the living room or adding trim around doors, some are bigger, like finishing our entryway or the linen closet - both have been put so deep on the back burner that I don't even notice their unfinished state any longer, and some are huge, like decorating the nursery! We have the room ready “core”- wise: new floors are done, baseboards are in, it’s been painted, but it remains our “just-dump-things-here-for-now-room” and it’s driving me nuts!
I’ve been searching for inspiration and amongst endless images of all kinds of styles, colours and themes used in the nurseries, found couple that really spoke to me. Those were the ones that had no specific theme or gender definition. They were simple, fun and minimal (not to mention - budget friendly) and I’m hoping to make ours in the same spirit:
Source
Source
So this weekend’s plans: visiting Ikea, scouring Etsy, budgeting and measuring (perhaps these should be in reversed order but I don’t care). As long as we have a plan and start making decisions and not putting it off any longer!

4 comments:

  1. Very very nice! Cannot wait to see your creation. Although you shouldn't feel like you have to rush - babies don't care about their surroundings. If you finish in time - great, if not - oh, well, the baby will just have to deal with it :). ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they don't but I do!:) It will be pleasure to work on it, I'm sure:)

      Delete
  2. If you're curious, we have a $79 crib for Baby A from Ikea and it is lovely. I think it is the same one as in the first image, only in wood.

    Funny story, we were at Ikea choosing a crib and a few different couples came up to us and suggested the $79 crib. Said they bought it and love it.

    We have yet to lower the mattress (need to do this soon-ish). But if that goes well, it's going to be a much nicer crib than the expensive one we had for Miss C.

    This is so exciting! :) I LOVE your mommy-to-be posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Nat! Ikea crib is definitely on the list, great to know that people aren't disappointed with it:)
      And I love Miss C's room, the hand painted wall you did is so inspirational!

      Delete