Tuesday, March 13, 2018

March

To say that this winter was rough – is to say nothing at all…From being down with flu for almost two months, to two broken cars (that couldn’t be repaired in Northwest Territories and had to be transported to Alberta), we have nearly made it.

It’s March now. Today is just below 0. We’ve spent the weekend outdoors enjoying the warmth.

My mom was visiting. It was her third visit to Yellowknife, since we relocated. It was so comforting to have her with us for nearly two weeks. I love how she gets when she sees Aurora, or when we drive on the frozen lake. She fell for YK just like I did. I love that we share this feeling for this magical place.

Funny how after becoming a mother myself, I still miss time with my mom. And even though she nags me a lot (all Russian mothers do!), I love having her around.
G adores his “babyshek” and the way they played and bonded made me feel happy.

Winter blues are over. SO GLAD you are here, Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment