Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter pregnancy weather blues

"What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.”
― John Steinbeck

I would have completely agreed with the writer, had I not been pregnant during the winter.

With around -20 degrees outside almost every single day, it’s really hard to squeeze in much needed evening walks. Not to mention, my daily stress over not slipping on the ice or the snow covering the ice is not what I signed up when getting pregnant (oh, I’m gonna use this phrase a lot!).

And you know what’s even more irritating than not having my walks around the hood?
Driving!
As much as V is trying to keep the car preheated before I get behind the wheel or fills the tank so I don’t have to (sometimes he forgets), I am not enjoying driving in winter conditions while in my condition.

But according to my due date, much of my pregnancy falls under the harsh winter months – December, January, February and March. With January being almost over, I just have to suck it up for two more months.

On a lighter note, 25 weeks today! Getting rounder and fuller and loving every extra pound of it:)

P.S  Thanks for taking the photo, Keng!

4 comments:

  1. I had both my pregnancies over winter and I actually prefer them this way. I share all of your concerns, but think: baby will be here and you will have gorgeous summer and fall weather to go for walks and enjoy outside. I swear that is what has kept me sane the first couple months with a little one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what keeps my sanity over the snow, slippery sidewalks and that impatient driver behind me:)

      Delete
  2. I agree with the above, having had my second pregnancy over the same time period. Also, the surprise some people displayed seeing me with a baby in May was hilarious. They had no idea I was expecting what with all the layers that helped conceal it. I also hear you about the slippery sidewalks -please be very cautious! A walking buddy w/be so helpful! (Hint - me) ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I think it will be the same with me - my big coat conceals it so well that I don't really know what to say when people ask me: "So, what's new with you?":)

      Delete