Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Nursery: PAX corner wardrobe installed

Last week I shared our storage plan for the nursery, this week I’m showing you the end result. The piece (or two pieces) fit in like it belonged in that corner. The inside drawers and shelves are exactly what I wanted and where I wanted them to be and  this whole set up saves us the need (and $$) to get a dresser for this room:  What I love the most about this wardrobe is its permanence. We are determined to have this piece for as long as we can to accommodate the growing baby and use until it’s time go off to college!:) For now, there is enough space to fill in, but if we ever need to, we can always add more sections either to the left or right sides later on.
Since our corner unit is only 201 cm high (as opposed to 236cm option), it only came with one shelve. I wanted to get one more to install in the middle but Ikea doesn’t sell them separately. We’d have to get crafty and cut one out ourselves one day.
The corner looks pretty different than before and it's a big relief to get one step closer to having the room ready:

8 comments:

  1. looks great! :) what colour did you use on the walls??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natash! I have no idea what paint V used on those walls but I can ask him if you want.

      Delete
    2. I'm debating to either do a corner PAX in our future master bedroom or just do one wall of PAX across (like I originally planned). We will have a window preventing us from having a full depth PAX... so we will need a really weird solution. Your corner unit looks great. Definitely an option for us to increase storage capacity :) On the other hand, I'm not sure we need a huge closet since even the simplest PAX unit stores so so much... Oh, decisions! :)

      Delete
    3. I thought you removed the window and free up the corner? Or am I looking at the old floor plan? The corner unit is great to hang things. I find it's a bit tight in my section of the regular PAX and some things end up being folded. Also, are you sure there are narrower versions of Komplement drawers? That's what we wanted for the side section, but it seems that the PAX drawers only come at 58cm depth? I might be wrong though...

      Delete
    4. you're right they don't have shallow drawers, only shallow wire baskets :) It's been a while since we built the one in the old house. unfortunately Ikea seems to discontinue items on a whim.

      I"m thinking of putting two 75cm units with sliding doors and one 100cm unit with hinged doors. This unit would be 35cm deep. Perfect for folding things. OR we could figure out a combination that work with a corner unit.

      that window?? i'm seriously about to shoot myself over this townhouse, but the window will be there. It will be really lovely, but blocked a tiny bit by the PAX. I keep fingers crossed it will be ok.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, they do, unfortunately. We are now stuck with something that we purchased earlier but now can't return because it was discontinued recently:( Not even a store credit!
      I found this at Ikea hackers that might help you, seems to be a similar layout:
      http://www.ikeahackers.net/2013/02/ikea-pax-wardrobe-hack.html

      Good luck with your PAX configuration!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful ! I found a great website if you are looking for more ideas: http://www.archiexpo.com/architecture-design-manufacturer/corner-wardrobe-1541.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cabinets i love it
    hope i will getting it soon

    https://www.urbansales.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete