Thursday, February 6, 2014

Nursery plan: Eames Rocking Chair

For a while I seriously considered not having a rocking chair at all in this room.
First of all, it needs to be super compact to fit in our little room, which is hard to find. It also mustn't be overly expensive. And finally, I want a chair that I could keep and use afterwards.

Once I started my research on rockers, I found myself drawn to this guy:
Source
It seems that many people favour this particular chair to be used in the nurseries and I might be one of them. Here is why. I love its clean and simple look. It may not look super comfy but I think with a help of a little pillow or a blanket over it, it can get quite cozy. It’s compact and will fit into our small room; it’s light and can be carried to other rooms (which is very handy if I want to rock the baby in the living room when I have visitors), it comes in all kinds of fun colours and it can be used by the kid to sit in when she/he is older. All seem to be valid pros to order one and try it out.

What do you think, aye or nay?

5 comments:

  1. I love the architectural lines and how easy to clean the chair will be (babies spit up! breastmilk leaks or shoots in all directions, TMI). So if you will be comfortable in it, there's no reason why you shouldn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a valid point. I didn't even think of that! Thanks, Nat:)

      Delete
  2. PS. cute nursery AND has the same rocker as you're considering: http://decor8blog.com/2014/01/27/our-baby-boys-nursery-before-after/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch, price-wise. It sure looks cute but at the end of the day it's still mostly plastic. I think the price represents mostly the design, not the materials or craftsmanship. Just my humble opinion ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what replicas are for, silly! I wouldn't buy a "fake" designer bag but I will consider a replica chair:)

      Delete