Monday, February 3, 2014

Inspired by local photographer

It’s been a long time since I dipped my brushes into paint and produced an artwork. Lack of time, energy, inspiration – all those kinds of excuses you can always rely on when not being productive:)

However, when I came across “In passing” series of shots by local photographer Paul Politis, I knew I wanted to paint them. The shots were taken from a moving train and they amazingly capture all the things I love: nature, movement and piece. The minimalism in them is very present but I like how it's warmed up by colours of the sky and the grass on the fields. So I asked Paul if it’s ok for me to paint them on canvas. He was very nice to agree and now I have these beauties in our hallway.

Every day I pass them - I stop, spectacle for a bit and go onto my busy day.

I urge you to take a look at Paul's amazing galleries. I’m sure you will be able to find pieces that speak to you.

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Great work! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I'm honoured that you made such beautiful paintings of my photographs.

    ReplyDelete