Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Seasons play switch

February 27, 2013 on the way home

Every morning I step out of the house and right before I get into my car to drive to work, I stop for a moment to breathe in the air. Mmmm, I smell spring, I hear birds singing, snow quietly thawing away and I smile for the new beginning of a new season.

Until we get hit by a snowstorm, like today.

Not only was I not mentally prepared to be thrown back into winter; I wasn’t prepared to be walking to the bus station at the end of the day. Due to severe traffic on the roads, V couldn’t make it to pick me up. Thankfully, my dear colleague gave me a ride to the bus station (thanks M!) and another one kindly offered to take shelter at her place in case if I want to wait it out (thanks K, and for taking the picture too). But I decided to get home, no matter what. So with my office poncho wrapped around, I bravely made my way through the snow! And after almost two-hour bus ride, I was home:)
Couldn’t help but admire the beautiful winter scenery on my walk. Perhaps, last time this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment