Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tough times

Whenever I come across a piece of art, photography or typography, I usually have only one requirement before I commit to it – it has to speak to me. It doesn’t have to be fancy or made by a famed artist, not at all. It has to connect with my inner self and reflect on my feelings.
When I first saw this print, it spoke back to me right away.
These simple words reflected on our existing situation and us as a couple. 

At the very end of last year, V decided to quit his day job and start a business of his own. You know how you always talk about something, make plans, joke about and then it ends up not being turned into anything or forgotten? Well, that is not his case. In a matter of days, I became a wife of a beginner entrepreneur (love this word by the way) with all its consequences: worrying for the debt we are getting ourselves into, worrying for him quitting his career, worrying for things not working out. On the one hand, it is a brave decision and I support it completely, on the other hand – I’m scared. 
After all, it is a new venture for him, for us, and nobody knows what the future holds.
It is still too, too soon to take out anything from this turn of events, but I can’t thank enough those very special people who provided support to our little venture. From business advice to devoting their time, skills and resources in order to help us start off. THANK YOU. We will never forget your kindness and generosity.

Where this will get us? I don’t know. Can’t know. I’m only hoping somewhere where we can be more independent; devote time to better things, to each other, to wonderful people around us.

1 comment: