Monday, July 21, 2014

Glass shower maintenance tips

It’s been a year since we’ve completed the bathroom renovation and installed the doorless glass panel and I decided to talk about its maintenance. I find that people often think that having glass in showers requires more maintenance than, for example, a curtain. And maybe it is true in some cases, but so far, keeping ours clean hasn’t been that difficult at all.

Here are few simple tricks I’ve been using in order to keep it clean:
1. I’ve discovered that using a squeegee after each use reduces the built up of water streaks that dry up end leave marks, on both – tile and glass.
2. An old toothbrush works wonders for narrow spots or hardware. I also use it to clean grout and corners.
3. Spraying the glass and tile with product (preferably green, like this one) and leaving it on for a few minutes helps to speed up things. I usually clean something else and then come back to washing the glass and scrubbing the tile.
These are my tools when it comes to shower cleaning: So far they have worked for our little shower. But please share any tips on shower cleaning or tools you’ve been using, I’m always looking for ways to improve:)

No comments:

Post a Comment