Friday, May 16, 2014

First week of motherhood

What can I say?

I love being mom to this little dude.
This past week (has it been a week already?) has changed me in ways I can’t even put in words. So instead, I’ll skip the drama and go right up to updates.

Baby G is one demanding baby:) There were nights during our first week when while trying to soothe him screaming bloody murder, V and I looked at each other and everything was clear without words – what have we gotten into? Is this going to be like this every night? What can we do to stop this boy from waking up the neighbourhood? Neither of us was awake nor asleep during the days after such nights.

But we are learning.

Learning from this little man and he responds back with locked eye contact and little smiles that he doesn’t realize he’s doing yet. This week was also “a week of firsts” for all of us: first bath at home, first feeding with a bottle, first neighbourhood walk, first doc’s appointment, first hiccups – yep, not in my belly anymore!, first taking turns in taking care of him to let the other one to sleep:)

The week flew by like a day and I can’t stop the time to let me enjoy my newborn longer.
Next week will be about different milestones and goals. I feel like a timer was set off the day G was born and now it’s ticking on its own towards new firsts without even asking me if I’m ready to let go of the ones he just established.

2 comments:

  1. I'm almost envious! :) new baby is amazing and crazy and wonderful :) go get some snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, I know! I don't even wanna sleep so I don't miss out on this precious time with him:)

      Delete