Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My corner of the world

This is where baby G and I hang out 99% of the time (other one percent is in our bedroom and his bassinet). Our living room got lost to our baby boy and we really couldn't care less about how it looks at the moment. Although, I should admit that I do wipe those floors like a maniac once I see a drop of milk on them! Word of advice here – unless you don’t mind cleaning constantly, never install dark hardwood floors if you plan to have a baby! Nonetheless, we feel comfy and happy in this little corner and that matters the most. We've covered our sectional with this whimsical blanket that my mom made. The fabric is from Russia and it features main characters from the fairy tale "Kolobok". I love how it fits the baby mood we are in right now:)
Another thing I find that I love to have in this corner is fresh flowers. They make me think of celebration and boost my spirits whenever I start to feel overwhelmed during these demanding first few weeks.

Did you have a favourite place in the house with your newborn?

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely!! There is so much serenity in this little corner you've created!.. Sweet dreams, little G.. ~Auntie M

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, looks so familiar! :) A little cocoon for the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! How was Europe? We want to see some pics!

      Delete